Friday, December 02, 2005

happy december?

The weather in North Carolina is absolutely ridiculous.
I woke up to a fifty degree "winter" and a radiant, somewhat oppresive sun.

North Carolina needs to talk to Illinois.

I deem the first day of December a day for tomato soup, hot grilled cheese, rosy cheeks, blown puffs of visible warmth in the air, and steamed apple cider. In an effort to spite the weather and greet December appropriately, I dressed myself in black tights, a warm, mauve, winter-eque skirt, a black cardigan, a knit scarf, and my fancy winter coat.

Yeah, so I pretty much discarded my coat, took off my cardigan, and shoved my scarf in the front pouch of my backpack.

Oh well. As much as I yearn for fireplaces and that cozy winter ambience, I used this autumn-like day to finally take pictures of the UNC campus.

And i had a glorious evening in my room with an open window...

But I am ready for a change. summer was too long...fall was overlooked, and now i just want winter. Please come soon.

No comments: