Sunday, January 15, 2006

Charts

I like the idea of describing my desires/hobbies/likes/dislikes in charts and pictures. You could say I’m too lazy to write verbose descriptions of the aforementioned, and I’m not denying that. But you get the added bonus of looking at a pretty picture or organizing something and then feeling that satisfaction that comes with getting something in order.

Courtney’s Spectacular Chart of New Things:

Completing Things Memoirs of a Geisha, homework.

Digital SLR camera On Friday I checked out my new camera for photojournalism. It’s a Canon Rebel XT.

Feng Shui. Feng Shui means “wind and water” in Chinese. So the new room has organization (what?). The kitchen is in the back left corner, the study area is in the back right corner (me) and the front left corner (drea), the dressing area is in the foyer (I’m not exaggerating the un-air-conditioned dorm, no I’m not…), the living area is in the center, and the sleeping area is, well, up. Space, Arrangement, and Harmony.

The Orient: what did I say about memoirs of a geisha? what did I say about feng shui? sudoku? darn, I think I’ve anglicized eastern culture…

Imparting Knowledge: I’m typically the “getter”: the youngest, the smallest, the ignorant, the curious, the learner, the youngster. I’ve been showing my camera to every person on God’s green earth and babbling about aperture and composition. Carolyn is now taking pictures with her camera!

Nails. I like grooming. thankfully, drea does too. I painted my nails blue and black. I don’t think I’ve painted my nails since sophomore year of high school.
Regular Hours. going to sleep at 1:00 am. what? waking up at 8:30 a.m. what?

Roommate.
oh I do feel bad about charting drea. She’s too cool for this
chart…she’s my new roomie! we specialize at sitting.

Super Bounce Out- I can’t get past level three. Go here and see if you can beat me:
http://games.yahoo.com/games/downloads/bo.html


Tennis. I feel like Jack Burden and Anne. I wish I had spent my summer playing tennis and swimming. It’s a very social sport and loads of fun. It may very well be better than cross-country. I’m beginning to doubt the merits of masochistic exercise…

( note to the impressed reader: be warned. I'm stealing all of Amy Rosenthal's ideas. I wish I had written her book, because i do the same thing, but she gets all the credit. Oh well).

P.S. do you like my creative use of colons, dashes, and periods?

No comments: