Monday, August 06, 2007

words can't

It's not that I've been uninspired all summer. I've just been doing other things.
(Like reacquainting myself with pop culture).
Thanks, Julianne.

I haven't been much in the mood for writing, reflecting, introspecting, etc. I've been doing all those things in the context of ordinary life, with new evanstonian RUFies, with housemates, and with Julie, of course.

So I'm not even going to try to reduce the summer into a blog-post. I don't like containing things that are real and large.

Which brings me to Mainsqueeze, on 9th street in downtown columbia (missouri). I feel like it was just a month ago that I was here...with the remainder of sophomore spring semester, early summer, st. louis, and chicago being just tiny hiatuses. In all of my "wisdom" I've learned this: when with anne's "bosom friends," it doesn't matter how much time has passed since your last visit. All that time is like a vague string of shadows, as in a dream, and being awake is the tangible reality. I can't really describe the feeling accurately. But I know that one of C.S. Lewis's Four Loves is involved.

No comments: