Thursday, August 17, 2006

The Day Before

Friday.

The trip really begins here, where Colleen and I begin to pack at the last-minute. It was an ordinary day filled with just the right amount of frantic searching, screaming, sobbing, shoving, and squeezing belongings into all-too-small suitcases/all too-large U-hauls. We moved all five cars into the street just to further solidify our presence in the Kayenta Court neighborhood, and Mom picked up the U-Haul that would soon transport everything my sister ever owned to New England. The family went to the Macaroni Grill for an unusual dinner with all six members present. There Colleen and I drew flattering pictures of Rusty on the paper tablecloth, consumed a delicious lobster ravioli and chocolate cake, and (I) tortured the grandparents with my camera. An extraneous yet fun excursion to Bed Bath and Beyond was made as Colleen bore a tear(less) good-bye to the shopping district of Wake Forest.

No comments: